As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, our Counsel on Call (COC) program will take place virtually for the time being.
Participants who need free legal advice on any civil legal matter should read and fill out the disclaimer and intake forms below. Once forms are completed, email it to email@example.com. An attorney may call, e-mail, or video chat with you to answer your legal questions. You will have 15 minutes to speak to an attorney about your legal issue. You are able to participate in the program once per month, and you must be 18 years of age or older. We reserve the right to limit the number of participates per week. The attorneys who participate in the program DO NOT represent you, they are only providing a brief, limited advice service. If you need legal representation, please contact Acadiana Legal Service Corporation at 337-237-4320 to see if you qualify for their services. To hire an attorney, please visit our website for a list of attorneys associated with the Lafayette Bar Association by going to https://www.lafayettebar.org/af_memberdirectory.asp
Steps to Apply Online for Virtual Counsel on Call
1. Read and fill out the disclaimer and intake forms: Counsel on Call Disclaimer and Counsel on Call Intake Sheet
2. Once the forms are completed, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be contacted by the Lafayette Bar Association to schedule a time/date for your virtual Counsel on Call session.
Steps to Apply In-Person for Virtual Counsel on Call
1. Visit us in person at the Lafayette Bar Office during regular business hours (2706 Johnston Street Lafayette, LA 70503). Explain to the receptionist you would like to participate in Counsel on Call.
2. You will receive the disclaimer and intake forms to fill out in person. Once you complete the forms, return them to the receptionist.
3. The receptionist will give your forms to the Director of Pro Bono Services, who will assign you an attorney and schedule a time/date for your virtual Counsel on Call session.
For questions, email email@example.com or call (337) 237-4700.