FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 02/11/2011
CONTACT: Dennette Young
WHO: Louisiana Bar Foundation (LBF)
WHAT: Launches the Annual Assembly
WHERE: Ritz-Carlton New Orleans at 921 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA
WHEN: Thursday and Friday, April 7 & 8, 2011
- Thursday, April 7, 9 a.m. - Grants Committee meeting (open to Grants Committee members)
- Friday, April 8, 8 a.m. – Annual Fellows Membership Meeting (open to all Fellows)
- Friday, April 8, 9 a.m. – Board of Directors Meeting (open to LBF Board & Executive Staff)
- Friday, April 8, noon – Distinguished Honoree Luncheon (open to all past and current Distinguished Honorees, Calogero Justice Award recipients and the LBF Board)
- Friday, April 8, 7pm – 25th Anniversary Fellows Gala (ticketed event)
The Louisiana Bar Foundation (LBF) is launching the first LBF Annual Assembly. This inaugural
event will combine the Annual Fellows Membership Meeting and 25th Anniversary Fellows Gala events.
The Louisiana Bar Foundation (LBF) is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) entity organized under the state of Louisiana. As the largest state funder of legal aid, the LBF supports programs providing free legal services for the poor in all 64 parishes. Since 1989, the LBF has distributed more than $40 million throughout Louisiana to help address the legal needs of indigent citizens, provide a basic understanding of the law, and assist with improvements to the justice system.
The LBF exists to preserve, honor and improve our system of justice by funding, developing or otherwise promoting efforts which enhance the legal profession, increase public understanding of the legal system and advance the reality of equal justice under the law.
# # #
Public Relations Coordinator
Louisiana Bar Foundation
909 Poydras Street, Suite 1550
New Orleans, LA 70112
Louisiana Bar Foundation: Advancing Justice and Education Through Fellowship