What does LBA Membership do for You?
The Lafayette Bar Association (LBA) is a professional organization composed of nearly 900 attorneys. Chartered in 1972, the LBA was created to:
- Promote compliance with the rules and regulations of the Louisiana State Bar Association and Codes of Ethics applicable to the practice of law within this State and in the Federal Courts
- Encourage continuing legal education of its members
- Advance the science of legal jurisprudence
- Promote the administration of justice
- Uphold the honor and dignity of the Courts and of the legal profession
- Promote better professional services, enlightened practice of law, public relations, professional courtesy and cordiality and the general welfare of the profession
The LBA Works To Enhance Professionalism:
- Annual Bench-Bar Conference
- Management of pro bono caseload through participation in Lafayette Volunteers Lawyers
- Community service activities throughout the year to benefit the disadvantaged in Acadiana
- Social events for the legal community
The LBA Offers Financial Benefits To Members:
- Discounts at all LBA-sponsored CLE seminars
- Complimentary attendance at most LBA functions and socials
The LBA Provides Quality Publications:
- The LBA newsletter, The Promulgator, features substantive articles and news of association events and members
- E-Blasts, which are e-mailed to members, feature upcoming events and activities
The LBA creates business opportunities for members through the Lawyer Referral Service:
Each day, the LBA staff receive phone calls from people in our community in search of an attorney. The LBA Lawyer Referral Service benefits our members and the community, matching clients with attorneys whose area of practice will best suit their needs. For more information on the Lawyer Referral Service, click on the link below to e-mail the staff of the LBA.
Listed below are the main categories offered in the panel membership. Your basic membership fee of $35 allows you to select three major categories. Additional categories can be added for $15 each. Each panel attorney is limited to a total of six categories. Please download the registration form to view the subheadings.
Fill out the Membership